Friday, October 31, 2008

Almost ...Nearly....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! I had a really scary afternoon!!! Its all caused by my careless and a bit of stupidity...
I received a call at about 430pm, claiming himself are from the insurance company that i just issued for my iPhone. He says that my insurance premium will be reduce due to some promotion and he need to verify my details, so he ask me to verify my name, address and postcode. After that, he say he need my credit card detail to set up my direct debit...this time i am a bit concern and i intially reject his request, but he insist that it was required to proceed with my direct debit. Finally i give it to him (ok, dun start to scold me lar...i know i shd't ! but under that kind of circumstences, u dun have free time to analyse the situation!) he somemore say if i worry, when he put down the phone, the company will call back to check whether i am satisfied with the service or not!
So after i put down the phone, i feel my heart drop to the floor, i sense that it is something not right! i call to my credit card center and ask them to block my card immediately!
after i arrive home, i called to the insurance company and they confirm that they didn't make a call to me! so it is a fraud case!!!!
Damn!!!!! i was a bit annoy! lucky me that i sense the problem and block my card immediately jeh, if not i will cry and can only skii in my room liao!
Lesson Learn: Never give card detail to someone that call u! if they insist, just ask them to give u the contact number and u make a return call just to confirm whether it is truely a real company!
Phew~~~~ 有惊无险!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank God, you are very fortunate this time,this type of call is very common in Malaysia....be careful...

VoonVoon said...

y recently sound like many bad person around us???

really need to be more alert :((

kevinpnp said...

The suspicious thing is, how do they know you bought your i-phone recently??? Must be someone from the phone store...

Have to be careful next time.

Shang Seen said...

actually they only have my number, thats y they are clever to ask me to verify my detail!!!! but i call to the insurance company n inform them already! iah..next time must be more xing muk liao!!!!dun trust ppl so easily!