Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Japanese Dinner!!

Shioyaki Saba & Saba no Miso ni & Gohan
Translation: Grill Mackerel with Salt, Mackerel cook with Miso, and Rice

Since I really really miss Japanese Food, No choice, I have to find a way to cook it!
Saw this Mackerel selling in the Sainsbury, but doesn't look fresh (ar~~ how i miss fresh seafood in japan!!) dun care, still buy and have a try.
Thought of 2 way of cooking it ( at least not putting all the eggs into 1 basket, if 1 turn out not delicious, still got some back up :p)
1st, season with salt and grill...wah....really delicious especially when u see the fat turns into oil, sqeeze some lemon juice.....(this meal make me think of EngMH who always order this when we go to Kamimura!!)
2nd, Chotto tricky, but still managable, Boil Miso source with some water and supposingly with Sake and also Mirin, but i dun have both! so, just water and miso, add carrot and mushroom (this is depends on what vege i have in the fridge-la :P) also a few slices of ginger, then add the fish and simmer for about 10mins in low fire.....
Outcome, wah...also very delicious ler!!!!
I am sooo excited while preparing the food and i got so satisfied after eating them!!!!
I must share this happiness with all of my beloved readers immediately.
I am really really happy and satisfied after this homemade japanese dinner...... ^^;

3 comments:

C9妈咪 said...

wah! geng wor...
i can't cook laaa...
me only know to eat... pai seh!

VoonVoon said...

oh~
i gonna skill up myself hurry up too...or pull u over :P

Shang Seen said...

very easy 1 lar, just sapu the salt to the fish and grill it. sure u get more seafood in aus!!!