Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What is your status..?

When I am applying for my National Insurance in UK, (for PPL, the one we got showing in the tax letter wasn’t actually a NI number, it is just a temporary code showing that we actually do not have NI number) I came across something funny.
In Malaysia, when we were ask to choose our status, it is actually very straight forward, Single/ Married/ Widowed/ Divorced.
But in UK, there are a lot more choices including Civil Partner/ Separated (what is the difference between separated and divorced??)/ Civil Partnership dissolved and dang dang dang dang..the most strangest status.. The Surviving Civil Partner!!!
What does it means by Surviving Civil Partner?? Does it means u r struggling whether to separate with the civil partner??
If it is so, why there is no such thing as Surviving Marriage to choose???
I really have no idea what is all about and lucky me, I just tick on Single and settle everything….
So next time when u are ask to choose, pls think carefully….
Single/ Married/ Civil Partner/ Separated/ Divorced/ Widowed/ Civil Partnership Dissolved/ Surviving Civil Partner
Which 1 should u be choosing????

No comments: