Thursday, September 20, 2007

Moon Cake

I dun really like moon cake as the only impression for me is mooncake= sweet.
Nowsaday, bakery knows that people prefer less sugar.
so mooncake become less sweet and lots of variaties.

Among those, I like the Yam and the Multi-Nuts, 金腿 moon cake the most.
i start to fall in love with Yam moon cake while i still in high school time cos my high school use to sell the teowchew moon cake as a fund for the school. I always buy the Teowchew Yam moon cake and bring it home to share with my family. I think lots of ppl try the Yam moon cake b4.
For the 金腿 moon cake, i only started like eating it last year.
when i was small, i always think that 金腿 moon cake is for old people like grandmother and also mum and aunties....
i always think that it is so sweet and have a strange smell....
But My hometown is famous for this type of mooncake.
and somehow i manage to put a piece into my mouth last year..
dang dang dang dang...
i was addicted to it now.....
horneslt speaking, i can finish 1 moon cake by myself while watching tv....
i think i am going to put on lots of weight as i continuosly eating the moon cake like this :(
luckily i am away to spore for my work, so i only get to eat a few of it :P
anyone wanna try my hometown specialty?
Anyway, i am going home this weekend to celebrate the mid autumn festival.

4 comments:

Grace Lee said...

I dont really like mooncake too. Everytime i eat, i manage to eat a small piece of it. Too sweet.
Same as you, i prefer yam moon cake. But is rather oily...

Shang Seen said...

yaya, a bit oily bcos of the multi layer skin i guess...

C9妈咪 said...

I like the Shanghai Mooncake with Yam Flavour... Yummy Yummy... especially the homemade type, not sweet and oily... just that can't last for long time... Actually those nice mooncakes nobody can't stop to eat... therefore, unnecessary to keep for long... coz is no chance!!! hahahaha!

Unknown said...

i like 冰皮yam moon cake and traditional coconut meat mooncake... I dun like that 'golden drumstick' mooncake, as seen said, that's for elder person, and i'm not that elder yet, so i can't appreciate it... muahahaha...
Seen, i wan mooncake, please bring one for us ok?