Thursday, June 14, 2007

Instrument Engineer

Ehehm.... I work as an Instrument Engineer. This instrument is not referring to music instrument ya~! I am dealing with all kind of instrument & Control involves in a Petrochemical/ Chemical Processing.
My job is to determind the control instrument involved in the process, selection & sizing them correctly based on their application and process condition. Besides that, I also handle the Automation part of the process whereby we normally call it Control System.
Just to make it simple, for the process of baking a cake, my job is to ensure correct apparatus has been used, right temperature set in oven, Mixture has been toroughly well mixed and also setting of oven programming. Do I make it sound simple to understand?
So, just change the cake into chemical and that will be my job description.
Anybody interested to become and Instrument Engineer?

2 comments:

Ashika said...

Hi! I am an electronics and instrumentation engineer myself, though I am doing my MBA right now! I did enjoy my instrumentation courses at uni!! good luck with ur job!

Shang Seen said...

Thanks for dropping by...
Ya, i enjoy being an instrument engineer :)