Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Experience in SMART tunnel

Well well well....after years of waiting, the tunnel is finally open. It doesn;t really matter to me on the time it launched. What I know is just another multi billion mega project with some brilliant idea of engineering.
What I am trying to say is, the tunnels does matter to me now as I had moved to Serdang since March. After the opening of the Tunnel, the traffic seems to be smooth (so far for this 2 days). It takess me 30mins to reach home even in the rush hour of after work and not forget to mention that I can have a couple of extra minutes to sleep in the morning (a few more minutes does count in the early morning right??!!)
I drived through the tunnel on the first day of opening. My feeling...ehm....long....
Long means the whole tunnel is really long, i keep on driving and driving..thinking whether i should switch on my CD players (no reception inside the tunnel for radio) or i will get out from the tunnel soon...The tunnel seems to be never ending. Without any jam, distance of underground from Jalan Tun Razak to Sungai Besi is about 4km and takes about 4 minutes drive.
The next morning, I took the Tunnel again and following the sign board to Jalan Sultan Ismail...Surprise, surprise, I get out right infront of Sungai Wang!!!! This really surprise me as it actually cut through all the traffic jam towards KL town and getting out in the middle of KL~~!!
Overall, I am impressed!! I just hope that the toll charge will be reasonable or else, everything back to square one....People will not utilise the Tunnel due to high cost.
More to share next time, just sneak out for a refreshment or else Alvin will kill me soon...
P/S, I try to post some interesting picture of the SMART Tunnel, but something wrong with my blog and i could not load it ...give me some time..

No comments: