Monday, August 11, 2008

Petrol Price in UK

I am surprise to find out that petrol price in uk are not the same. It is control by individual petrol company and even individual petrol station. Eg. the Shell in place A will have a different price with the Shell in Place B.
Over the weeks, i see price change almost a few days once, the lowest i can get is from the Sainsbury station outside my hosue at 114.9p per liter, the higest i saw is 119.9p per liter.
And all the big supermarket are happen to be the petrol station owner like Tesco, Asda, Morrison and Sainsbury all having promotion on the oil price. For instant if u buy more than £50 in sainsbury, u get a voucher to cut 5p off from ur petrol ,(means 114.9-5 = 109.9p per liter)
Having say so, if u compare malaysia petrol price at RM2.70 now, I think the petrol in UK is cheap if u compare only on the figure. If I earn £3K per month, i will be happy to pump the petrol compare to if i earn RM3K per month, i will have to pump RM2.70 per liter of petrol.
So now u know y i bought the car ler.
And this tiny small car doesn't comsump much petrol, 1 liter can drive more than 10miles! So the journey from home to office is 2x 5.4mile, which means 1 day i spent a pound for petrol, which is actually cheaper then taking a train!!!!!! and rememberI also have alternative friday off ler?
Basically i work about 21 to 23 days per month, which cost me not more then £25 per month for my petrol, whereas my monthly train pass cost me £54 !!!
I m glad that made a decision to buy the car....

2 comments:

C9妈咪 said...

KL always massive jam maa...
So makan minyak lor...

In UK not jam teruk rite?
So the petrol is not wasted lar~

Am I rite?

Shang Seen said...

Yup, Paggie mama u are absolutely right! at least from my house to office is no jam...kampung area mar...where got jam 1..